This is a LITE version of The Michael Morcombe eGuide to the Birds of Australia but is fully functional and includes ONLY 59 species, compared to over 790 species in the full app. If you like the way this app works please check out the full version.
NB: Please note that an additional download of 31MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
The foremost field guide to Australian birds is now available on the Android.
Michael Morcombe's Field Guide to Australian Birds has been called the most comprehensive field guide to Australian birds in the market today and now it is perfectly complimented by the eGuide which features:
● Optimised controls – swipe to next or previous species, one-tap enlargement of an image and rotate the device (landscape) to enlarge an image completely (and fit the width of the screen).
● Over 230 hi-res bird images covering 59 bird species.
● Most bird species have a detailed distribution map showing any subspecies that occur.
● Detailed text descriptions of almost all bird species including songs and calls, measurements and breeding behaviour.
● Over 170 carefully-selected and edited sound recordings. Many species are represented with multiple call examples showing the full range of vocalizations.
● The ability to compare any two images, maps, or sounds, side by side on the screen.
● The ability to filter by geographic location, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location, and to further reduce the possibilities to usual or vagrant species in the selected area.
● A "Smart Search" that gives the ability to search by distinguishing features such as size, colour, physical features, habitat and exclude certain types of birds (eg. Passerines).
● *A basic personal species list that stores your sightings saved to the device (ability to upload list coming soon)
● A comprehensive help and introduction section to help you if you get stuck or don’t understand how a certain feature works.
* Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep a backup from the application (My List -> Export).
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com