The eGuide to Sharks and Rays is a comprehensive guide to the species of sharks and rays likely to be encountered in the Western Indian Ocean and the Red Sea. It features 47 sharks and 30 rays with annotated cut-out diagrams, over 300 full colour pictures and species information. Also included is a comprehensive guide to the tourism opportunities available for encounters with sharks and rays – where, when, what and how.
NB: Please note that an additional download of 13MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
Compiled by renowned underwater photographer and author Dennis King, shark scientist Geremy Cliff and marine scientist Pamela Le Noury, the guide is a fantastic tool for budding shark and ray enthusiasts, fishermen and divers to learn more about the animals, and help identify species.
- Hi-res artwork images and detailed text descriptions for the 77 species. These images can fill the entire screen by a single tap and the device can be rotated to landscape for larger images.
- "Compare" allows you to compare two species on the same screen.
- A personal list that stores your sightings saved to the device that can then be exported to your storage card and email.
- View the Species Index by Common or Scientific names either alphabetically or taxonomically.
* Uninstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep a backup master list separate from the program.
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com