A guide to the birds, seals, dolphins and whales likely to be encountered on a on a trip to the Antarctic Peninsula, South Georgia, Falkland Islands or Ushuaia. The area covered includes Ushuaia and the Beagle Channel, the Drake Passage, the Antarctic Peninsula, the South Shetland Islands, South Orkney Islands, the Falkland Islands, South Georgia and the seas in these areas.
● Swipe to move to the next or previous species.
● More than 135 Species found in the region covering birds, seals, dolphins (toothed whales) and whales (baleen whales).
● Over 750 images.
● You can select a region, so that only the species found in that region are displayed.
● "Compare" allows you to compare two species side by side on the same screen.
● Bird Smart Search lets you easily find a species using a combination of habitat, physical features, color, bird type and size.
● A personal list that stores your sightings saved to the device and can be exported.
● View the Index in English or Scientific names.
NB: Please note that an additional download of 75MB is required once this app has been installed. Please ensure you use a WiFi connection to prevent additional data costs.
* Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep a backup from the application (My List -> Export).
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com