NB: Update 1.1.0 requires an additional download of 433MB to include new and updated content. If the update does not specify a download of 433MB (e.g. the download is 390MB) please uninstall the app first and then install from Google Play again. Please back up your life list before applying update 1.1.0.
The eGuide to Birds of East Africa is an interactive companion to Terry Stevenson and John Fanshawe's Birds of East Africa field guide – the essential guide for birdwatchers visiting this spectacular region. It covers Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. This application has specific features that will enhance your birding experience.
- Hi-res images, distribution maps and detailed text descriptions of over 1300 bird species including breeding species and regular visitors.
- These images can be expanded to fill the entire width of the screen with zoom.
- Audible calls for more than 1000 bird species
- "Bird Compare" that allows you to compare two birds on the same screen.
- * A personal bird list that stores your bird sightings - including geolocation. Your list can also be exported to email.
- View the Bird Index by Common or Scientific bird names either alphabetically or taxonomically.
* Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own backup (master list) separate from the application (application provides backup/restore functionality in "My List" page)
We go out of our way to resolve customer issues, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com